Saturday, July 14, 2012

Anticipation

This time next week we will be sitting in the airport, two years of planning and nearly £70,000 of fundraising behind us. (Ok, so they haven't quite raised all of that, parents might have had to put their hands in their pockets a little bit!) The group have been fantastic throughout that time and I am really looking forward to spending the summer in their company, (sorry Sue).

Many thanks to all of the parents for their support, not only for their own child, but for all that they have done for the group. When we began the journey back in September 2010 I said that the team was not just the staff and children, but that parents were also a vital element. This has certainly been the case, so thank you again and thanks also for your friendship.

On behalf of all of us I would also like to thank Bryony. We are so sorry that you won't be with us, but we will be thinking of you. Get better soon!
I hope that the team will add their own thoughts and feelings before we go.

Neil

3 comments:

  1. Lets get ready to rumble in the jungle! hands up if you still have stuff to buy? (mines up), Want to thank everyone who has helped me raise and donated money as I am very grateful especially my nan! and I promise to take a load of photos so I have more to say then just 'Yeah was good thanks'. Plus as Neil said... OMG ONE WEEK TO GO!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo going to miss my little soldier but also know he is going to have an amazing time, wishing you all a fab safe trip, Jane Seymour

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great trip guys. Will miss you loads Em but you will have a fantastic time. xx

    ReplyDelete